What is a PCD Form Tool?
Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) cutting tools apply itself in the process of cutting aluminium, brass and copper, graphite and other materials like wood, plastic and carbon-fibre-reinforced polymer (CFRP). So, they basically obtain high abrasive resistance and high hardness. These motives result in a longer life for the cutter in comparison to conventional cutters. Also, these tools customise designs to fit your exact measurement specifications.
PCD Form Tool a cutting tool has one or more cutting edges with a well-defined profile or contour. It is reproduced as the desired form on the workpiece surface. So, you can utilize them for turning applications according to the types of cross-sections.
What are the types of PCD Form Tools Cross-section?
- Flat Form Tools
- Circular Form Tools
- End Form Tools
- Insert Form Tools
- Skiving Form Tools
PCD Form Tools in Different Metal Working Industries
PCD Form Tools in the Aerospace Industry
With the aerospace industry being very competitive and challenging, a wide variety of materials are being machined. Hence, they have a very high demand for form cutting tools. With extensive experience in the machining of aerospace materials, our PCD Form Tools does a great job at applying perfection to work at very competitive pricing for the industry.
Some of the Aerospace parts that require the function of PCD Form Tools are:
- The central portion of the body of an aeroplane designed to accommodate the crew, passengers and cargo. Also, they typically come in varies designs and sizes according to the function of the aircraft.
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) are composite materials that are abrasive and need different approaches to milling and drilling to prevent delamination of the layer and pulled fibres.
Advance Drilling Equipment Tooling
- It addresses the singular nature of achieving an optimum hole quality in the aerospace industry.
- Is the undercarriage of an aircraft that may be used for either takeoff or landing.
More – Engine Manufacturing, Exhaust Systems, Upholstery, etc.
PCD Form Tools in Medical Industry
The medical industry tremendously relies on cutting tools that are manufactured with very high precision and consistency. Adding on, these features are crucial for the process control in the manufacturing system to ensure high-quality medical devices.
Some of the medical equipment that requires PCD Form Tools are:
- These devices are used for preventing and treating deformities and injuries of the musculoskeletal system in human. Hence, they require high cost of innovation, obligation to conduct pre-market clinical investigations, stringent requirements of MDR ad more.
Dental Implant Devices
- These medical devices are used to anchor a denture or replace missing teeth by professional dentists. Hence, the need for high precision and great quality cutting tools.
- The implantable medical devices primarily include reconstructive joint replacements, cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators, stents, valves, electrical leads or batteries and more that emphasise on perfection for optimum functionality.
More – Pill Mold Industry, Optical Industry, etc.
PCD Form Tools in Micro Manufacturing Industry
The tools for Micro Manufacturing industry is directly under a microscope. So, with high volume, tool usage and demand for the cutting tool, this industry serves customers with refined devices.
Some of the equipment is:
Swiss Machine Tooling
- Swiss Machines typically machines small, high precision turned parts. And, they facilitate mass production of the miniature screws to support the watch industry. So, extremely high precision and accuracy are their biggest values.
Circuit Board Tooling
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) mechanically supports and electrically connects electronic components using conductive tracks, pads and other features.
- Whether the pharmaceutical, medical, biotech and mechanical industries, they require testing equipment to control, test, identify clean or sterile products. Also, they have special programming and electric control for specific uses.
More – Automotive Components, Mold Industry, Fuel Injection, etc.
PCD Forming Tools in Fluid Metering, Processing & Control Industry
This industry depends on Ultra-Precision form tools in manufacturing their components. From measuring to distributing, the processed materials require internal profile and sealing surfaces to be perfect.
Some of the parts that use Form Tools:
Precision gas valves and fittings
- Is a device that regulates, directs or controls the flow of fluid (gas, fluid, slurries) by opening, closing or partially obstructing various passageways. Also, precision is highly required here to prevent any leakage.
- It is a valve used to control fluid flow by varying sizes of the flow passage controlled by a controller.
- Is a shut-off valve that controls the flow of liquid or gas employing a rotary ball having a bore. So, it is a need for long service life hence, requiring precision in manufacturing them, high.
More – Hydraulic system, etc.
Other Metal Working Industries
- Oil, Gas & Mining Industry
- Power Generation
- Fire Arms Industry
- General Machining
The bottom line to using Form Tools is the high accuracy details when manufacturing devices and equipment. You can also find out how PCD Reamers do wonders in the metalworking industry.
Connect your Industry with the Right Form Tools Manufacturer
You need the right PCD Form Tools to manufacture tools according to your industry.
The secret lies in the details. So, before you make up your mind on the PCD Form Tools for your industry, it’s best to consider consulting ASIME, the ISO Certified Precision Tools manufacturer, who has been in the industry for more than 20 years.
So look no further as we take great care in our manufacturing processes, and are always following DOE and ISO standards. We ensure that our tools and services are nothing short of world-class.